Monday, August 8, 2011

Yu Lung San Tien En Si Temple Jalan Oya, Sibu

On the way to Mukah, Ah Lai and I took sometime to take a look at the huge Chinese temple along Jalan Oya or 26 kilometer Sibu-Bintulu road about 40 minutes drive from Sibu town called Yu Lung San Tien Si Temple. According to some of the articles in the net the cost is approximately RM60 million and it is dedicated to 3 major believes, Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism. Everyone are welcome to view the temple which was open to public in 2009. There is also a hotel right next to the temple.

Here are the pictures for my lenses.

This is the main entrance to the temple
My picture at the gate
Another angle of the main entrance arch
In the temple area there are a lot of dragons that comes in all shapes and sizes. Here are the dragons.  




The dragon at the main gate to the temple
I managed to visit all the 3 major temples in the area and everyone has it's own characteristic but I don't know which one goes to which teaching.











In front of the main gate we will see 7 angels standing side by side. Here they are.









The details and the art work of the whole area is so amazing even on the wall.


The 9 dragons on the wall
This is most beautiful art work there for me
Taking a picture with one of the angel caring a pearl
The Monkey God and the "burung kenyalang"

A very particular pose when I am amazed
Can you see the white horse?
Here is the arch again from the center of the temple looking to the main entrance

Looking at this building I feel like I am in China
I am glad that we stop for a while because it gave me a chance to see the temple closer. Most of the time I only managed to see it from far.I hope one day a movie director will make a movie and used this site as one of the shooting location and Hamzani Production will be there to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment