Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Express Boat trip To Kapit

The boat trip to Kapit is going to be the first for me. The crew and I got our ticket and ready for the long journey to Kapit. All the equipments, canopies, chairs, tables, sound systems, fans and boxes of all kind brochures for the road show in Kapit are place on top of the express boat. The fare is RM20 per person to Kapit from Sibu for an economy class. Meanwhile the Toyota cars are in by special charted ferry. Half way through the trip a man appear from the somewhere with all kind of drinks and junk foods for sell. 

The express boat we used is not the same kind of boat that I took when going back to Kuching, it is smaller and long. The noise in the boat is so loud and irritating, no point watching the movie shown on 21 inch TV over and over again till we reach our destination. 
Since this was my first trip to Kapit, I think we should have a more safe and comfortable boats, this is important for users and especially to the tourists. I don't mind paying a little bit extra for safety and comforts.

I manage to captured some pictures from in side the boat, pictures when the boat dock and sights at the main terminal in Kapit. Have a look.  

Iss, Ariff and I seated in the express boat, it was full
Arriving at Song and we have 41 KM to go
This is how Song look like from the river
A private jetty at the area
A picture of floating shop near the river bank, very convenient
Song's jetty
The picture of Song's jetty once we continue our journey to Kapit
Another site of the same area near Song
A signage inside the express boat, weird.
Once you spotted this jetty, you are in Kapit.
A sign on one of the boat docking near the jetty, the schedule.
Here are some of the boats and ours is the one on the far right. I have to maneuver myself before reaching solid land.
The passengers from the same boat disembarking
I called this the stairway to Kapit
An Iban lady selling foods and drinks at the stairs, she is the only one.
The crew carrying their bags and stuff.
The Ho Liaw Band in Kapit.
This is petrol station near the river bank
Still looks steady after 4 hours in the boat
The ticket counter
How strong is he? I said very. This old man is about 50 plus years old and take a look what he can do.
Taking baby steps all the way up from the boat with a brand new motorcycle on his back
He is one of those guys they helping to carry anything from the boat to jetty. He also carried a Magnolia ice cream box after sending the bike. Amazing!!!
I have never been to Kapit before and I was surprised to see the numbers people there. The shops are close by to each other and there are a lot of inns and even hotels. 
Hotel Meligai Kapit is our hotel in Kapit which is just next to our roadshow venue.

Stay tune because I also manage to capture some sight of Kapit in my next entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment