Monday, August 8, 2011

Mukah Road Trip In A Lorry

After arriving from Kapit at about 12 noon we took a rest and refresh ourselves. The plan was to take off from Sibu to Mukah at around 3pm. Since the beginning of this road show I have used the car, the bus, the big and small express boat but never in a lorry, so I took the opportunity to follow the lorry driver Ah Lai in his trusted and well maintained lorry. I found out that he was a bus driver before this and if anyone who want to charted a private lorry anyway in Sarawak please do contact him at 013 8068651 Ah Lai. A nice guy to hang out with and very friendly.
Ah Lai and I decided to take off a bit earlier than the rest and so that we can enjoy the ride slowly to Mukah. Along the way I managed to take some pictures and also the sites when we reached the turning to Mukah.
I was mesmerized by the brand new tar roads all the way to Mukah. I remembered not long ago when I was still with the radio station I drove my ex CEO and his wife to Mukah when the road was still not ready. I have to drive slowly and carefully maneuver the 4 wheel drive through the pot hole and small roads.
Now, the journey to Mukah is smooth all the way by car and you can even drive a Ferrari to Mukah if you want too.

Take a look at the pictures.

Ah Lai and I
Ah Lai tuning to a famous old Hokkien song meaning "if i have a million dollar"
The tuning to Mukah/Belingian road
The smooth tar roads making the journey a pleasant experience

A straight road

Breath taking sight

One of the modern long houses along the way, they have nice cars
Can you feel the comfort driving on this kind of road?

The scenery along the way

Just amazing after completion

One of the many mills along the way

The small road on the left is the old road

Another modern longhouses

Am glad the road is ready because now everyone can go to Mukah without worrying about their car conditions after the trip


This bridge still exist and still look the same, crossing Batang Mukah

Batang Oya bridge

Selangau shop houses

The sea shore near Kingwood Hotel Mukah

The straight road to Mukah

This is the little puppy that we safe along the way, he was chasing a car in the middle of the road

To the left is Mukah and to the right is Belingian

Welcome to Mukah, after this bridge turn to first right

I am glad that I followed Ah Lai to Mukah and enjoy the road trip. Before we reach the turning to Mukah, at Jalan Stapang, Jalan Oya Sibu, we stop at a gigantic Chinese temple. I managed to take some pictures in side the temple. Take a look at my next entry to see the pictures of the temple.

If you guys are planning to take a trip to Mukah by land please do so, you don't have to worry about the conditions of the road anymore. No more bumpy roads. Just make sure you have enough petrol to reach Mukah. There are Petronas Petrol Station along the way too so, put on your traveling shoes on and lets take a road trip to Mukah today. 

P/S : Don't drive too fast because you might miss some beautiful and heart warming sights along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment